Test build for Android-x86 2.0 on EeePC platforms
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce a new test build
20100115 for public testing. A live CD ISO and USB image are
available from our site:
Build 20100115 is Android 2.0 (Eclair) based and it is a release candidate for android-x86 2.0 stable release.
In addition to the features available in 1.6 release, the new build contains
* Auto detection for touch screen calibration.
* Enabled Keyguard window.
* Improved sleep and wakeup handling.
* Eclair NDK for X86 platforms
* Added backlight support for EeePC platforms.
* New framework to support different x86 platforms from different vendors.
* Kernel 2.6.32 support (not included in the prebuilt images)
* Live CD iso: android-x86-eeepc-2.0.iso
SHA1 Checksum: 0de5f73720e4280aa192d4eb43af63656234d430
* Live USB image: android-x86-eeepc-2.0_usb.img.gz
SHA1 Checksum: 50c2288690dc6060f0878c5c479b8ed461081e9a
The source code is available in our git server, see http://www.android-x86.org/getsourcecode for the instructions about how to get the source code.
Test reports (success or fail) are welcome.
Please send the reports to the Android-x86 discussion group.
1. the libghl is not merged yet.
2. the graphic performance is very bad
3. the Camcorder does not work.
4. WIFI does not work for certain devices
5. low sound volume