Chiwei has released R2 of Android-x86 1.6
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the second stable release of 1.6 to the public. The live cd iso and usb image are available at
Test reports (success or fail) are welcome as always. Please send the reports to the Android-x86 discussion group. If you are working on Android for x86 platform, welcome to join us. See the contact information.
In addition to the features in previous stable release, 1.6-r2 contains the following new features
* Camcorder works. You can record video and sound
* An experimental support of 3G USB modem
* mksh, a better shell is added to replace android's dumb sh.
* busybox is added to provide useful command line tools.
* Touchscreen calibration (back port from eclair-x86).
* Third party apps are updated.
* A lot of bug fixes.
* Live CD iso: android-x86-1.6-r2.iso
* Live USB image: android-x86-1.6-r2_usb.img.gz
The images have all symbols stripped so they are much smaller compared to previous releases.
As uaual, the source code is available in the main git server,
$ repo init -u git://git.android-x86.org/platform/manifest.git -b donut-x86
$ repo sync
as well as the SourceForge mirror:
$ repo init -u git://android-x86.git.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest.git -b donut-x86
Read here for how to compile the source code.
The Android-x86 project is nothing to do with the clones androidx86.org or androidx86.com.